Slow Cooker 15 Bean Soup and Ham
Slow Cooker 15 Bean Soup and Ham is the perfect warm and hearty soup to come home to on a cold day!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 bag 15 Bean Soup Mix
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth can substitute for water or vegetable broth
- 1 leftover ham bone with meat or 1 lb of diced ham
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 celery stalks chopped (optional)
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chili powder optional
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup additional leftover ham optional
Rinse beans and discard any debris. Set packet aside until finished cooking.
Add 15 bean mix, ham bone, onion, celery, garlic, chili powder, bay leaf, tomatoes, and red pepper flakes.
Pour chicken broth on top of ingredients and stir to combine.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Add additional ham and seasoning packet from soup mix. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
Enjoy with cornbread!
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 903mg | Potassium: 1062mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 221IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 5mg