Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes are creamy and delicious! These easy no-boil mashed potatoes are fuss-free and make the best side dish ever.
Servings: 10 servings
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pats
- 1-2 tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Heavy cream or milk to taste I use 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Butter to taste I use 1 cup
- Chives for garnish
Combine potatoes, chicken broth, minced garlic, butter, and salt in a slow cooker.
Stir together, then cover and cook on high for 3–4 hours, until potatoes are tender and fluffy-looking.
Mash with a potato masher or put them through a potato ricer, for super smooth potatoes.
Add milk and butter to taste. Mash again to combine everything. Add additional salt to taste. (Add cream cheese, shredded cheese, or sour cream at this step and swap out butter and milk.)
Top with scallions or chives.
Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 69mg | Sodium: 528mg | Potassium: 602mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 796IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg