Slow Cooker Bruschetta Chicken
All the flavors you love of bruschetta in a tasty and flavorful dinner!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 15.5 oz diced tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded or balls
- Balsamic and olive oil to taste
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives optional
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic
Place chicken in crockpot. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and add minced garlic.
Pour can of diced tomatoes over chicken and top with chopped onions.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
Chop tomatoes and basil and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add olives if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Remove chicken from slow cooker and top with cooked tomatoes and onions.
Place shredded mozzarella cheese and tomato mixture from refrigerator on top of chicken.
Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Server over pasta or rice. Or for a lower carb option serve over salad or alone.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 441mg | Potassium: 796mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 580IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 2mg