Crockpot Kielbasa and Sauerkraut
Crockpot Kielbasa and Sauerkraut is a tart and tangy meal with a sweet side. Kielbasa and Sauerkraut are a match made in heaven. Add a few extra ingredients like brown sugar, beer and apples and you get a deep, flavorful meat that is simple to make any day of the week!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2-3 pounds kielbasa or sausage
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 32 ounces sauerkraut cut into coin-sized pieces
- 1 honey crisp apple or other sweet apple peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 cup beer or water use gluten free beer to keep gluten free
- 2-4 tablespoons brown sugar
Heat oil on stove and cook onions and garlic on stove until soft.
Add the sauerkraut, apple, onion and garlic mixture, and caraway seeds to the slow cooker crock. Stir.
Mix beer/water and brown sugar together in separate bowl. Pour over the sauerkraut mixture. Stir ingredients together.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
Calories: 888kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 66g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 159mg | Sodium: 3497mg | Potassium: 1120mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 72IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 135mg | Iron: 7mg