Crockpot Greek Chicken Soup
Crockpot Greek Chicken Soup is filled with bold flavors and delicious chicken—and you don’t have to spend all day in the kitchen to make it!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 red onion cut in wedges
- 1 can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 30 ounces canned cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes with basil garlic and oregano (undrained)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives drained and halved
- Crumbled feta cheese optional
Place onion and chicken in slow cooker. Top with herb springs, bay leaves, chicken broth, beans, tomatoes and artichokes.
Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-2 1/2 hours.
Remove and discard sprigs and bay leaves. Transfer chicken to a medium bowl; coarsely shred chicken.
Mash beans with fork in slow cooker.
Return chicken to slow cooker.
Serve over rice. Top each bowl with feta cheese and olives.
Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 1747mg | Potassium: 1423mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 458IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 6mg