Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip is my go to party dip recipe! Made with chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, cheddar cheese and blue cheese there is not much to not like about this easy appetizer!
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip
This party or football day dip is so easy to make and tastes incredible. It is always the most popular dip that I make. I always love when I can have a crowd favorite in the crockpot because it makes it easier for me to enjoy the party too.
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
Start with shredded chicken. You can make the chicken yourself by cooking raw chicken in the crockpot the day before and then you shred the chicken using two forks. Another alternative is using rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it.
The shredded chicken goes into the Crock Pot with the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, vinegar and hot sauce. Add half blue cheese crumbles.
Place the lid on and let it cook for 3-4 hours on low heat or 1-2 hours on high heat, stirring every 30 minutes or so, until the whole mixture is heated through.
When the cream cheese is completely melted and as you stir it everything combines that’s how you you know it is done. Sprinkle the remaining blue cheese crumbles on top at the end, place the lid back on, and let it melt over the top before serving.
Buffalo Dip is a winner because you can eat it with so many different options of dippers, tortilla chips, bread or veggies so it can work for a lot of different peoples diets. Serve this up at your next party and let me know if its a hit!
More Appetizer Ideas?
Slow Cooker Mexican Street Corn
Crockpot Sweet Chili Meatballs
Need A New Crock Pot?
My favorite is this Crock Pot 7 quart Programmable Slow Cooker. First and foremost, I love being able to set the timer in case I’m not home when the food is finished cooking and it just switches to warm. Plus you can lock the lid and just carry it to a party. Not only is it easy to carry but also you will never lose another Tupperware or serving dish again at a potluck party!
Crockpot Chicken Buffalo Dip
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts or store bought rotisserie chicken
- 15 ounces chicken broth omit if using rotisserie chicken
- 4 ounces 1/3 fat cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortilla chips, bread or veggies for serving
- Place chicken in slow cooker and add chicken broth to cover. Cook for 4 hours. Skip this step if using prepared rotisserie chicken.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, vinegar and hot sauce until smooth. Add half blue cheese crumbles.
- Pour over chicken in slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook low for 2-3 hours.
- Turn to warm and serve in slow cooker or transfer to serving dish. Top with remaining blue cheese. Serve warm.
leave a reply