Make your own hot honey sauce! This easy recipe is all you need to make hot honey sauce at home. You only need two simple ingredients, honey and chili pepper flakes, to make this popular hot honey sauce. This hot honey sauce is delicious poured over chicken, pizza, or on a cheese plate. Or served with my favorite Hot Honey Chicken Sandwiches made in the Crock Pot.
Hot Honey Sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tsp hot sauce optional
- Pour 1 cup honey and chili flakes into a small pot or pan and warm them gently over medium heat until bubbles form at the edge of the pot.
- Remove for heat.
- Allow the honey to infuse for 5 minutes. (If adding hot sauce add 2 teaspoons at this point).
- Strain through honey through a fine mesh sieve into jar.
- Do not let the honey boil. It will make the honey too thick and sticky.
- I use Frank’s hot sauce as my hot sauce.