Whipping up Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apples is a fantastic option when you’re craving a delicious, savory meal in less time. They’re like taking a bite of apple pie but with a savory twist! Picture tender pork infused with sweet apple sauce, giving you that delightful apple pie taste minus the crust. It’s a flavor explosion that’ll make your taste buds do a happy dance—apple pie vibes, but for dinner!
Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apples
Using your crockpot to create these Slow Cooker Apple Pork Chops guarantees a delightful, fuss-free meal packed with flavor. I’m sure you have seen pork chops served with applesauce before. This version of pork chops with apples and onions gives even more flavor with the ease of the crockpot cooking for you.
Let the slow-cooking process tenderize the pork chops and infuse them with the sweet and savory goodness of the apple glaze. The tender, savory pork perfectly complements the sweet, crisp apples, creating a delightful mix of flavors that is addictive.
Crockpot Pork Chops
I love to make pork chops in the slow cooker because it is such an easy dinner that everyone enjoys. Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apples is an easy dinner option for any time of year. Embrace the simplicity and convenience of the crockpot to make this family-friendly recipe a regular favorite at your dinner table. Enjoy my other pork chop recipes like Cream of Chicken Pork Chops, Honey Garlic Pork Chops, Peach Pork Chops, and 3 Ingredient Pork Chops for simple dinners that delight.
What Makes This Apple Pork Chops Recipe Great:
- Family-Friendly: The flavors of sweet apples, savory pork chops, and a hint of spices make this a hit with both adults and kids.
- Easy-to-Find Ingredients: The ingredients used, like pork chops, apples, brown sugar, and spices, are readily available in most households or easily accessible at your local grocery store.
- Crockpot Convenience: The use of a crockpot simplifies the cooking process, allowing busy families to prepare a delicious meal with minimal effort and time spent in the kitchen.
- Minimal Prep Work: With simple seasoning and a straightforward apple glaze, this recipe minimizes the prep work, making it a perfect choice for those with a busy schedule or new to cooking.
- Tender and Juicy Pork: Slow cooking in the crockpot ensures that the pork chops come out tender, juicy, and full of flavor, creating a satisfying and delightful meal.
- Balanced Flavors: The combination of tart Granny apples, sweet brown sugar, aromatic cinnamon, and savory pork chops results in a harmonious blend of flavors that will keep you coming back for more.
- Versatile Serving Options: This dish pairs well with various side dishes like mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a fresh salad, giving you the freedom to tailor the meal to your family’s preferences.
- Effortless Cleanup: One-pot cooking in the crockpot means less time spent cleaning up, allowing you to enjoy a hearty meal with your loved ones without the hassle of a messy kitchen.
- Perfect for Busy Days: Whether it’s a hectic workday or a weekend filled with activities, this recipe allows you to set it and forget it, ensuring a comforting, homemade meal is ready and waiting when you are.
- Budget-Friendly: Using affordable ingredients like pork chops and common pantry staples, this recipe is a cost-effective way to create a delicious, satisfying family meal.
Ingredients For Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apples (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- Pork Chops: They provide excellent flavor due to the bone marrow and help maintain juiciness and tenderness during cooking.
- Salt and Pepper: Essential for seasoning, enhancing the natural flavors of the pork, and bringing a balanced taste to the dish.
- Granny Smith Apples: Their tartness adds a delightful contrast to the sweet glaze, infusing the dish with a burst of flavor.
- Brown Sugar: Provides sweetness and helps caramelize the apples, contributing to a rich and luscious glaze.
- Cinnamon: Adds a warm, spicy note that complements the apple flavor and infuses the dish with a pleasant aroma.
- Yellow Onion: The savory taste of cooked onions pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the glaze, creating a balanced and nuanced flavor profile.
- Chicken Stock: Adds depth and richness to the dish, infusing the pork chops with savory goodness and keeping them moist during cooking.
- Dijon Mustard: Provides a tangy, slightly spicy kick that contrasts with the sweetness of the apples and brown sugar, enhancing the overall taste.
- Dried Rosemary: Imparts a robust, earthy flavor that complements the savory aspects of the dish.
How to Make Crockpot Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
Step 1. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear pork chops on each side for 1 minute on the stove if desired.
Step 2. Slice apples and onions into thin slices.
Step 3. Place the seasoned pork chops in the bottom of the crockpot in a single layer. Arrange the sliced onions and apple over the pork chops.
Step 4. Pour brown sugar, chicken broth, dijon mustard, cinnamon, and rosemary into crockpot.
Step 5. Stir all the ingredients together.
Step 6. Cover the crockpot and set the cooking temperature to low. Let the pork chops and apple glaze simmer and meld flavors for 2-4 hours.
Step 7. Once the pork chops are tender and fully cooked, serve them hot with the apple and onion glaze spooned generously over the top. Pair with your choice of sides for a complete, hearty meal.
- Searing for Flavor: Searing the pork chops before placing them in the crockpot locks in their juices and imparts a rich, caramelized flavor.
- Adjusting Sweetness: Tailor the sweetness of the glaze to your preference by adjusting the amount of brown sugar added.
- Enhanced Aroma: Add a cinnamon stick to the crockpot for an intensified cinnamon aroma.
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Apple Pork Chop Recipe
Pair these succulent Apple Pork Chops with steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a crisp green salad to complete a well-rounded and satisfying meal.
Fall Crockpot Recipe
Slow cooker apple pork chops are the epitome of a cozy fall recipe. Once you are all done apple picking with your family you can use up your apples to make these these apple-infused pork chops. Bring the essence of the fall season straight to your dinner table.
The tender, succulent pork marries perfectly with the sweet and tangy flavors of apples, creating a comforting and hearty meal. Nothing is better than this sweet cinnamon aroma that wafts through your kitchen as they slow-cook. These fall vibes will evoke a sense of warmth and nostalgia all while cooking you dinner.
Need a New Slow Cooker? Are you new to slow cooking and need a new one to make this delicious fall recipe?
My favorite is this Crock Pot 6 quart Programmable Slow Cooker. I love being able to set the timer in case I’m not home when the food is finished cooking and it just switches to warm. Plus, you can lock the lid and just carry it to a party. You will never lose another Tupperware or serving dish again at a potluck party!
Plus, using seasonal apples allows you to capture the best of fall’s bounty while embracing the simplicity and convenience of slow-cooking. It’s a recipe that embodies the spirit of autumn, making it an irresistible choice during this crisp and delightful time of the year.
Healthy Crockpot Meal – Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apples
Slow cooking isn’t just a time-saver, but it’s also a nutrient-saver! Throw in those pork chops and let the slow cooker do its magic, keeping all the good stuff intact for a healthier meal.
Plus pork chops are a great protein choice since they are low in fat. Pork is like the unsung hero of the protein world! Not only is it packed with high-quality protein that helps your muscles stay strong and happy, but it’s also versatile and delicious. So switch up your chicken for pork!
Now, let’s talk about apples—nature’s delicious crunch buddies that everyone loves! They bring a burst of flavor and fiber to the party, making your tummy do a happy dance. This meal is healthy and tastes like apple pie making it a simple way to cook a homecooked dinner that will keep you fit.
So next time you are looking for a healthy crockpot meal that is also filled with flavor make sure to whip up Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apples!
Internal Temperature for Pork Chops
Cook the pork chops in the crockpot on low heat for 3-4 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. The best way to end up with tender pork chops is to use a meat thermometer. Check the temperature until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
Best Apples to Use for Pork Chops with Apples
For the perfect blend of tartness and texture, Granny apples are the ideal choice. However, you can also experiment with other tart apple varieties like Honeycrisp or Braeburn.
Storing and Reheating Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apples
To store leftovers, refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop, adding a little extra chicken stock to maintain moisture.
Can I Use Bone-In Pork Chops?
Absolutely! In fact, using bone-in pork chops can enhance the flavor and keep the meat moist during the slow-cooking process. You will have to cook them longer so make sure to use that meat thermometer to check the temperature.
Reasons This Apple Pork Chop Recipe Is Delicious
The apple-infused sauce, with its perfect blend of sweet, tart, and savory flavors, is the star of the show. Combined with tender, succulent pork chops, this dish is a harmonious symphony of taste and texture. Slow cooking allows the flavors to meld and intensify. Making Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apples this way creates a delectable meal that’s both easy to make and satisfying. Enjoy the savory goodness and the delightful aroma that will fill your kitchen. This Apple Pork Chops recipe is a household favorite in our family.
All of the ingredients I use are gluten-free. My husband has celiac disease, which means you are allergic to gluten.
This whole meal uses naturally gluten-free ingredients so it is simple to keep this gluten-free without any substitutions or checking nutritional info.
Easy Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Apples
- 2 pounds boneless pork chops
- 2 granny apples thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Sear pork chops on each side for 1 minute on the stove if desired. Place the seasoned pork chops in the bottom of the crockpot in a single layer.
- Slice apples and onions into thin slices.
- Arrange the sliced onions and apple over thepork chops.
- Pour brown sugar, chicken broth, Dijon mustard, cinnamon, and rosemary into crockpot.
- Stir all the ingredients together.
- Cover the crockpot and set the cooking temperature to low. Cook pork chops and apple glaze for 2-4 hours or until the temperature reaches 145 degrees.
- Once the pork chops are tender and fully cooked, serve them hot with the apple and onion glaze spooned generously over the top.