Slow Cooker Banana Bread…No oven, no problem! This gluten free slow cooker banana bread is moist, delicious and best of all easy! You just mix all your ingredients together then throw it into the slow cooker until it’s ready.
We live in Phoenix where it gets hot, hot, hot and I love to make this in the summertime this way so I don’t have to turn the oven on and heat up the whole house. Bonus is that my house still smells like yummy banana bread, which is one of the best parts!
What Kind of Bananas to Use
You want to use ripe bananas when you are making banana bread because they have converted the starch into sugar making your bread sweeter and they are easier to mash!
If you don’t have ripe bananas you can put them in a paper bag and close it which usually takes a day or two. But if you need ripe bananas right away you can cook them in your oven and it only takes about 15-30 minutes. You just need to cook them with the skins on on 300 degrees in the oven. You will know they are done because the skins will be black and shiny.
Tips for Making Slow Cooker Banana Bread
Line your entire Crock Pot with parchment paper. This makes sure the corners don’t get burnt. If you don’t have parchment paper make sure to spray the liner with non stick spray and then spray again!
Gluten Free- Make sure to swap out the flour for gluten-free flour. if you want to make this gluten free. My favorite is cup for cup. You can buy it on Amazon here. We use it for all of our baking!
Regular Flour- Use the same amount of regular flour if you don’t need it to be Gluten Free.
Add in chocolate chips or nuts, like walnuts, to add even more flavor to this banana bread!
Need a Slow Cooker? My favorite is this Crock Pot 6 quart Programmable Slow Cooker. I love being able to set the timer in case I’m not home when the food is finished cooking and it just switches to warm. Plus you can lock the lid and just carry it to a party. You never lose another Tupperware or serving dish again at a potluck party!
Slow Cooker Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 medium bananas ripe and mashed
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour my fav is cup for cup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips plus more for top optional
- Using two large large parchment paper strips to cover bottom and sides of the slow cooker and spray generously with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add mashed bananas and whist together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Flop dry ingredients into wet ingredients until combined. Add chocolate chips is desired.
- Transfer batter into slow cooker and smooth into even layer. Top with more chocolate chips and cook on low for 4 hours. Place a towel on top of the slow cooker and place lid on top to help catch condensation.
- Remove from slow cooker and cool for 10 minutes.
More Sweet Treats
Looking for more sweet recipes! Try out these easy no-bake recipes.