Once you try Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef you can skip the delivery. Some Asian food that needs to be crunchy doesn’t make the cut in the crock pot but the cornstarch makes the beef tender and delicious. It is so easy to make you can throw every thing in and dinner will be all set.
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
How to Cut Flank Steak
Make sure to slice the flank steak against the grain. No sure what that means? I didn’t either at first. If you have never done this before I watched this easy wiki how video to do it right. I always do best to see instead of reading instructions. Click here to watch.
How to Make Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
Making this Mongolian Beef only takes a few steps!
– Start by cutting the beef into strips. (See how to cut flank steak above)
– Put cornstarch into plastic bag and add steak strips. Shake until strips are covered.
– Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and carrots to slow cooker. Stir ingredients.
– Add beef strips into slow cooker and mix ingredients together.
– Cook for high for 2-3 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Whenever I make meals that include rice I always use my rice maker. This really makes dinner a breeze because I don’t have to make it when I get home. We literally walk in the door and make our plates. I use the Zojirushi Rice Maker which is amazing. It has a timer and setting for brown or white rice which is helpful.
Gluten Free- All of my recipes are gluten free because my husband has Celiac Disease, which means you’re allergic to gluten. Make sure to use Tamari or gluten free soy sauce when making this recipe to keep it gluten free.
If you don’t have any gluten allergies you can use any soy sauce!
More Asian Inspired Dinner-
Need A New Crock Pot?
My favorite is this Crock Pot 7 quart Programmable Slow Cooker. First and foremost, I love being able to set the timer in case I’m not home when the food is finished cooking and it just switches to warm. Plus you can lock the lid and just carry it to a party. Not only is it easy to carry but also you will never lose another Tupperware or serving dish again at a potluck party!
Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef
- 1 1/2 pound flank steak
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 3/4 cup gluten free soy sauce or tamari
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup carrots grated
- Green onions for garnish
- Cut flank steak into thin strips. In a ziplock bag add flank steak pieces and cornstarch. Shake to coat.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar and carrots to slow cooker. Stir ingredients. Add coated flank steak and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low 4-5 hours until tender.
- Serve over rice or lettuce cups. Garnish with green onions.