You will be deliciously surprised with these easy Crock Pot brown sugar carrots! This quick recipe is the perfect side dish for the holidays or any night of the week. Everyone will love these sweet carrots because I use dill for seasoning to give them an unexpected flavor!
Carrots are my go-to veggie because adults and kids alike love them. 5 easy ingredients are all you need to make this dish! Plus, I always have these ingredients in my pantry so you probably will too. It’s a simple side dish you can make any night of the week.
I had glazed carrots before with brown sugar and honey but the addition of dill really elevated this dish to holiday-worthy. That surprise pop of flavor really enhances the sweet tones of honey and brown sugar.
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
My mom made these one Thanksgiving instead of her typical carrot dish and now it is requested every year for Easter and Thanksgiving. If you are looking for the perfect holiday side dish to bring to a party or potluck try these for a dish that will be the hit of the table.
Plus, I love to serve them on weeknights to go with dinner because I know my kids will gobble them down. You can toss everything in the Crock-Pot around lunch so they are done for dinner time. I always pair these with my Chick-fil-A Sauce chicken.
CROCK POT BROWN SUGAR CARROTS INGREDIENTS
- Carrots- Use any type of carrots you want! I just always have a bag of baby carrots in my fridge.
- Brown sugar– I like to use brown sugar but white sugar will work.
- Honey– You can swap this for agave nectar.
- Butter– Unsalted butter is always my go-to so I can control the amount of salt at the end of every dish.
- Dill Weed– I used dried dill and fresh dill in the my recipe but you can use whichever you have on hand.
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT BROWN SUGAR CARROTS
Step 1. Add carrots, brown sugar, honey, butter, and dill to the slow cooker.
Step 2. Stir everything together and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
Step 3. Remove carrots and cover carrots in liquid from the slow cooker. Top with fresh dill and parsley if desired.
Crock Pot Brown Sugar Carrots
- 16 oz carrots
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp dill weed
- Add carrots, brown sugar, honey, butter, and dill to the slow cooker.
- Stir everything together and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove carrots and cover carrots in liquid from the slow cooker. Top with fresh dill and parsley if desired.
GLUTEN-FREE SIDE DISH
All the recipes I make are gluten-free because my husband has celiac disease, which means you are allergic to gluten. This recipe is naturally gluten-free!