Crockpot Valentine’s Day Treat: Easy & Fun Snack Mix Recipe!
This Valentine’s Day Treat Mix blends the sweetness of Chex and Cheerios with a crunchy twist, creating a delightful concoction perfect for spreading love and joy.
Ever found yourself in a bit of a pickle, needing a last-minute dessert that screams “I put so much thought into this”? Well, have I got a treat for you! Imagine combining the magic of Valentine’s Day with the convenience of your trusty crockpot. Yes, you heard that right – we’re about to make Valentine’s Day snack magic in the most laid-back, chuck-it-all-in-and-let-it-do-its-thing way possible. Welcome to your new go-to: a Crockpot Valentine’s Snack Mix that’s as easy as pie (but, you know, without actually making a pie).
Easy Valentine’s Day Treat
I made a Valentine’s snack mix in the crockpot because it was parent job day at her school, and my gig is all about whipping up delicious crockpot recipes. She picked out this recipe from The Baker Mama and I turned it into a crockpot version we could make in her class.
Making this Valentine’s snack mix for my daughter’s class was super fun and turned out to be a hit! We dumped in all sorts of goodies like chocolates, colorful candies, and those crunchy pretzels. It was awesome seeing all the kids get really into it, adding their favorite bits and chatting away.
They were all smiles, mixing everything up, and the room was buzzing with their laughter and excitement. It wasn’t just about whipping up a snack; it felt like a little party of its own, full of teamwork and creativity. Seeing their proud faces as they munched and shared their creations with their buddies and teachers was just the best. It was a sweet reminder of how awesome it is to come together, have a blast, and make some cool memories.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good snack mix? But when it’s Valentine’s Day, everything’s better with a little chocolate and a lot of love. This recipe? It’s a no-brainer! It’s like sending a love letter but in the form of a snack. And the best part? It’s so easy to make, it practically makes itself. You just toss everything in the crockpot, give it a little stir, and voilà! You’ve got yourself a snack that’ll make anyone fall in love.
What You’ll Need
- Chocolate Chex cereal and Very Berry Cheerios for that sweet crunch.
- X and O shaped pretzels – because hugs and kisses, folks!
- A heavenly vanilla candy coating that wraps everything in a blanket of sweetness.
- Valentine’s heart sprinkle mix and Cupid’s Blend M&M’s to sprinkle on the love.
- X’s & O’s Shaped Frosted Cookies for a touch of whimsy.
How To Make Valentine’s Day Treat – Chex Mix
- Combine Ingredients: In your crockpot, combine the Chocolate Chex, Very Berry Cheerios, pretzels, and frosted cookies. This mixture will form the base of your snack mix.
- Melt the Coating: Place the vanilla candy coating on top of the mix. Turn the crockpot on low and allow the candy coating to melt, stirring the mixture every 30 minutes to ensure even melting and coating.
- Ensure Even Coating: Once the vanilla candy coating has completely melted and coated the mixture, stir thoroughly to ensure that each piece is evenly covered.
- Prepare for Cooling: Spread the coated mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. This will be your setup for adding the final touches.
- Decorate: While the mixture is still warm, sprinkle M&M’s and heart sprinkles over the top, distributing them evenly for a colorful and festive look. Add more pretzels and animal crackers if you want.
- Cooling: Allow the snack mix to cool completely on the baking sheet. This step is crucial for the candy coating to set and harden, giving your snack mix the perfect crunch.
- Break it Up: Once the snack mix has cooled and the coating has set, gently break it up into bite-sized pieces, ready for snacking and sharing.
Valentine’s Day Snack Mix Variations
- Got a personal twist? Throw it in! Love peanut butter chips? Add ’em! Want to use dark chocolate? Go for it! This recipe is all about making it yours.
- Packing it up: Whether it’s for your kiddo’s class or a sweet surprise for your coworkers, this snack mix packs up like a dream. A little cellophane bag, a cute ribbon, and you’re set.
How to Make This Valentine’s Day Treat in the Microwave
- To make this Valentine’s snack mix in a bowl and microwave, start by combining Chocolate Chex, Very Berry Cheerios, pretzels, and frosted cookies in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Chop the vanilla candy coating into smaller pieces for even melting and
- Microwave the mixture in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the candy coating is fully melted and smooth.
- Pour it over your snack mix and mix well.
- Once everything is well-coated, spread the mix onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Add a sprinkle of M&M’s and heart sprinkles for a festive touch. Let it cool until the coating has set, then break it into pieces and enjoy your quick and delightful treat!
Storage for Valentine’s Day Treat
Let your snack mix cool completely before you think about storing it. Trust me, it’s worth the wait. Once it’s cool, pop it into an airtight container, and it’ll stay fresh and yummy for when those snack cravings hit.
For this recipe, I did use items that have gluten in them because my daughter really wanted to use all the fun pink snacks. My husband has celiac disease, which means you are allergic to gluten.
I made this recipe with X & O pretzels and X & O animal cookies which both have gluten in them. You will need to swap the pretzels for gluten free pretzels and swap the frosted X & O animal crackers for gluten- free oreos or just leave them out.
Valentine’s Day Treat – Chex Mix
- 5 cups Chocolate Chex
- 3 cups Very Berry Cheerios
- 3 cups X and O Shaped Pretzels
- 2 cups X and O Shaped Cookies
- 16 oz vanilla candy coating
- 1 cup Cupid Blend M&M's
- 2.1 oz sprinkles
- In your crockpot, combine the Chocolate Chex, Very Berry Cheerios, pretzels, and frosted cookies.
- Place the vanilla candy coating on top of the mix. Turn the crockpot on low and allow the candy coating to melt, stirring the mixture every 30 minutes to ensure even melting and coating.
- Once the vanilla candy coating has completely melted and coated the mixture, stir thoroughly to ensure that each piece is evenly covered.
- Spread the coated mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- While the mixture is still warm, sprinkle M&M’s and heart sprinkles over the top, distributing them evenly for a colorful and festive look. Add more pretzels and animal crackers if you want.
- Allow the snack mix to cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Once the snack mix has cooled and the coating has set, gently break it up into bite-sized pieces, ready for snacking and sharing.