Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip is the must-try fall dessert! This easy 4 ingredient apple pie dip takes apple pie filling combined with rich cream cheese, caramel, and tiny toffee bits to make a festive fall dip that is irresistible! Just like cheesecake, the savory cream cheese paired with apples and caramel creates a delicious duo without all the work of cheesecake. Try this crockpot dessert recipe for the perfect fall treat for any parties or potlucks!
Cream Cheese Apple Dip
Once fall rolls around all the focus goes straight to pumpkins but don’t forget about all the delicious autumn apple recipes and desserts that are out there. We love apples year-round at my house so anything apples is a hit. Try my Apple Pie Dump Cake for another apple-icous dessert.
This sweet treat is so easy to make since you just toss everything into the crockpot and let it cook together into an apple pie dip that is sure to impress. Once you take a bite you will be hooked and make this dip all year long. But it is fun to break out this dip when fall starts since it gives you all the fall feels with the apples, warm cinnamon, and caramel!
Apple Cream Cheese Dip
This recipe started with my son wanting to have caramel to dip his apples into for an after-school snack. I guess someone at school had these little dippers in their lunch so he wanted the same thing. I couldn’t find them at the store but I did find the classic caramel dip and it got my brain cooking up a new recipe.
Of course, I had to come up with something even better than just plain caramel to dip his apples into and this recipe will blow your mind. I had a can of apple pie filling and thought that would be a great addition to the caramel. But when you add the rich cream cheese and toffee bites this dessert is elevated to heavenly.
Let me warn you now this dip is HIGHLY addictive! You will want to plan a party if you make this because I couldn’t stop eating to save my life which was quite a lot of dip to eat on a Tuesday night. I ended up giving all of our neighbors little treat packages with Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip, apple, and graham crackers so I didn’t eat the entire Crockpot. This is one of the perks of living next to me when I make new recipes. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe!
Ever since this happened Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip is on the menu for any and all events!
Ingredients for Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
- Caramel– I like to use a thicker caramel like Lighthouse Old Fashioned Caramel. It usually comes in a tub near the apples in the produce section. The caramel that you use for ice cream can be a little thin and not give you the thickness I like for this recipe.
- Apple Pie Filling– This comes in a convenient ready-made can with all your favorite fall spices. I did chop my apples up from the can to make the pieces smaller for a perfect bite.
- Cream Cheese– I used full-fat cream cheese but if you wanted to lighten the recipe up you could use 1/3 fat as well.
- Toffee pieces– I found heath bar toffee pieces near the chocolate chips and used those for this recipe.
- Pecans (optional)- Top your dip with pecans for an added crunch and nutty flavor.
What is good to dip in caramel?
There are so many options to dip into this Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip! All of my dippers are gluten-free but you can use almost anything to dip into this Cream Cheese Apple Dip.
- Graham Crackers– This completes the cheesecake to match the graham cracker crust which is just like traditional cheesecake.
- Pretzels– I love this salty option to counter the sweetness of the dip.
- Cinnamon tortilla chips– I have used a brand called Siete Grain Free Churro Strips which are yummy!
- Apples– I thought that apples might be too much with the apple pie filling but green granny apples were a delicious choice. The tart of the apple went great with the dip.
- Pecans– I even used leftover pecans as a dipper.
How to Make Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
Step 1. Add caramel, apple pie filling, and cream cheese into the slow cooker. Mix together and combine ingredients.
Step 2. Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours until cream cheese has melted.
Step 3. Stir to blend all the ingredients together.
Step 4. Top with pecans and crushed Heath Bar.
Step 5. Serve with graham crackers, pretzels, and apples.
Perfect Holiday Party Dip
This recipe makes a deliciously sweet dip for parties! I make this recipe for Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas as a yummy finger food for people to snack on along with other savory appetizers like my Crockpot Cranberry Meatballs. More easy holiday recipes you can try are my 5 ingredient Steakhouse Creamed Corn, Crockpot Cowboy Beans, and of course my entire Thanksgiving dinner cooked in the Crockpot!
Trust me on this when I say there will never be any leftovers of this dip by the end of the night. Cooking it in the crockpot makes it easy to keep warm and gooey so people can enjoy it all night long! People request it all the time so I usually bring it to pool parties, football games, or anywhere snacking is happening.
Plus, it’s an easy dish for potlucks or parties because it can travel so easily. I use my new Crockpot Easy Clean Cook and Carry to take with me to any parties. You can lock it and carry it to the party then just plug it back in and it’s ready to serve. The bonus of the new easy clean feature is even when cooking with caramel it wipes clean with soap and water with no scrubbing. I highly recommend it!
Make this lighter by using low-fat caramel and cream cheese.
Use low-sugar apple pie filling to reduce the sugar.
All of the ingredients I use are gluten-free. My husband has celiac disease, which means you are allergic to gluten.
This entire recipe is gluten-free so you don’t need to make any substitutions! However, make sure that all the options that you use to dip into the Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip are gluten-free.
Caramel Apple Cheesecake Dip
- 20 oz apple pie filling chopped
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 16 oz caramel old fashioned thick version
- 8 oz toffee cooking bits
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional
- Add caramel, apple pie filling, toffee bits and cream cheese into the slow cooker. Mix together and combine ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 1-2 hours until cream cheese has melted.
- Once finished cooking stir to blend all the ingredients together.
- Top with pecans and crushed Heath Bar.
- Serve with graham crackers, pretzels, and apples.
leave a reply