If you’re looking for a quick and easy, Easter Dessert or a fun Easter activity to keep the kids busy, these are a Rice Krispie Easter Nests are a perfect choice! Classic Rice Krispie treats are shaped into little nests and chocolate eggs transform into eggs in the nest. These are as easy as they come with no baking and just a few simple steps. Enjoy these family favorites in their new fun shape!
What You Need to Make Rice Krispie Easter Nests
M&M’s or other Easter Candy
Making Rice Krispie Nests
No Bake Treats are always one of my favorite desserts for busy holidays. This way the kids can help in the kitchen without using the prime kitchen space like the oven and dessert is ready to go once everyone is finished easter Ham!
These are so easy with only a few ingredients and only one bowl/pot is needed. If you are cooking with you kids you can even use the microwave to heat up the butter and marshmallows so it is safe for them to help.
Once they are all done all you have to do is swap a regular baking dish for a cupcake pan to make these Rice Krispie Easter Nests into a cute and festive holiday treat. Just spray the the cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray before you start so they pop out easily. As you are scooping the Rice Krispies make an indent with your fingers so there is a small hole to put your candies into. Once they are finished you have dessert all ready to go!
Gluten Free- We make these gluten free but you can easily swap the gluten free rice cereal for Rice Krispies. We use the Gluten Free Nature’s Path Crispy Rice Cereal.
Peanut Free Candy- Swap candy that doesn’t contain peanuts like Cadbury Eggs or just regular M&M’s
Rice Krispie Easter Nests
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 5 cups rice cereal Nature’s Path crispy rice are gluten free
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- 1 cup Easter Peanut M&M’S or any candy
- Grease 12 cup muffin tray and set aside.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl, cover with paper towel. Heat in 30 second increments until melted. Mix vanilla and salt into butter once melted.
- In a separate bowl, place marshmallows in a large microwave safe bowl heating in 25-30 second increments.
- Add the melted butter to marshmallow bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the rice cereal one cup at a time into the marshmallow mixture, gently fold it in until combined.
- Wet your hands and press the rice krispies into muffin tin. Push down in the middle to create the nest.
- Add candy eggs to nest.
Other Easy Dessert Recipes
Looking for more recipes to make try these two No-Bake Delectable Treats!