This Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken is perfect for an easy weeknight meal for the whole family! Peanut butter and coconut milk make the perfect combination of sweet and savory which will be one of your favorite once you taste it.
If peanut butter is a staple in your house like it is in mine then this is the recipe for you. My kids and really everyone in my house loves peanut butter and when I found a way to incorporate into dinner I was beyond excited!!!
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Fix and Forget It
When I have a busy week I always make sure to put this on my meal planner. (Need a weekly meal planner, here’s a free one!) If you have made any of my other easy chicken recipes you know I love to use my slow cooker insert as a bowl to mix all my ingredients so I don’t even have to dirty a bowl. Because doesn’t everyone hate doing dishes!
Making this meal is easy since most of the ingredients are probably already in your pantry. Usually, I just have to pick up coconut milk and chicken for this recipe because everything else I have on hand. I try to always use recipes where I don’t have to waste money on buying obscure ingredients that I will only use once.
All you have to do is take all the ingredients below and mix them together in your slow cooker insert. Throw your chicken in coat it in the peanut butter sauce. Voila…dinner is done!
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken
Chicken Breasts or Chicken Thighs
Tamari or Soy Sauce
Red Wine Vinegar
How to Serve Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken
You can serve Thai Peanut Chicken with brown rice, noodles (pad thai rice noodles to stay gluten-free) or even use it as chicken for a salad or in lettuce cups.
Freeze Your Ginger– If you like Asian-inspired recipes like me I like to freeze my ginger so I always have it on hand. It is so simple and will save you time and money. All you have to do is buy extra next time you go shopping. Grate or chop it up the extra when you are prepping.
I like making teaspoon portions since you don’t know how much a recipe will call for. Line a tray with parchment paper or use an ice tray to freeze. Once frozen pop the ginger into an airtight freezer bag.
Slow Cooker Peanut Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger minced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Green onions
- Add coconut milk, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger and garlic to bottom of slow cooker. Mix ingredients together.
- Cut chicken into chunks and add to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours. If you prefer a thicker sauce follow steps below.
- Mix 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch together in separate bowl. Add cornstarch slurry to slow cooker and stir in carefully.
- Cook additional 20 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over rice, noodles or in lettuce cups. Garnish with lime juice, green onions and peanuts.