Crockpot Chicken and Gravy over Mashed Potatoes makes dinner so easy with only 4 ingredients! This chicken and gravy recipe is smothered in a rich gluten-free gravy that pairs with potatoes for a quick comfort food dinner.
Gravy makes everything better! I love gravy! It’s my favorite part of Thanksgiving. I like to cover my turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes in it.
I had seen a few chicken and gravy recipes but they were missing the potatoes. Can you even have chicken and gravy without mashed potatoes?? The problem is that I hate coming home and having to peel and boil potatoes so I was trying to think how I could add potatoes. I make Crock Pot meals so that dinner is ready for my family at the end of the day!
I’m always trying to create recipes that are all in one dinner options. I thought about my Garlic Butter Chicken that has chicken and potatoes that cook together and figured that I could easily make that into chicken with mashed potatoes.
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
GLUTEN-FREE CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND GRAVY OVER MASHED POTATOES
The star of this dish is the gravy of course! I used the McCormick Gluten-Free Gravy. I actually have never made this dish because it’s so hard to find a gluten free gravy packet. My husband has celiac disease which means you are allergic to gluten. Most gravy packets have wheat in them, which is gluten.
Finally McCormick came out with one and they have it at my grocery store. It’s deep flavor infuses the tender chicken breasts and potatoes giving it the rich flavor people love in gravy.
Easy Chicken Dinner
What I love about this recipe is you can make it for an easy weeknight meal the whole family will enjoy or you can serve it for guests. It’s so versatile and everyone always loves it. Serve it by itself for just the family or make it fancy with sides and a salad for guest. Like I said before, everyone loves gravy! It’s a one pot dinner that is so cozy and filling.
HOW TO MAKECROCKPOT CHICKEN AND GRAVY OVER MASHED POTATOES
Step 1. Add chicken breasts to slow cooker.
Step 2. Add halved potatoes to slow cooker.
Step 2. In a separate bowl mix together the cream of chicken soup and gravy packets. (Add 1 cup water here if you want lots of gravy.
Step 3. Pour the gravy mixture over chicken and potatoes.
Step 4. Cook on low for 4 hours.
Step 5. Remove potatoes from slow cooker and mash with butter.
Step 6. Shred chicken with two forks.
WHAT TO SERVE WITHCROCKPOT CHICKEN AND GRAVY OVER MASHED POTATOES
This meal can be server alone since it has meat and veggies included. However, if you are looking for a tasty side dish you can serve any of these with it.
- Bread- Pile your chicken and gravy on a warm piece of bread. We used the Udi’s Gluten Free French Loaf or Udi’s dinner rolls would be great too.
- Creamed Corn or fresh corn- This classic always goes great with chicken and gravy.
- Green Beans- You could even add these on top in the slow cooker a half hour before serving and get them steamed.
NEED MORE CROCKPOT COMFORT FOOD IDEAS?
Try these other easy and hearty meals!
Crockpot Chicken and Gravy over Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup 10.5 oz
- 1.74 oz dry gravy mix 2 packets
- 1 pound potatoes halved, peeled if preferred
- 1 cup water optional
- Add chicken breasts to slow cooker.
- Add halved potatoes to slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl mix together the cream of chicken soup and gravy packets. Add 1 cup water if you want more gravy.
- Pour the gravy mixture over chicken and potatoes.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove potatoes from slow cooker and mash with butter.
- Shred chicken with two forks.
- Serve chicken over mashed potatoes.