This all-in-one Crockpot Garlic Butter Chicken melts in your mouth (thanks butter) and includes veggies! Let the butter do the work on this easy dinner. Mix butter, garlic and a few spices and you will end up with a tantalizing dinner good enough to serve guests.
I always love a recipe where you can put everything in at once and not look at it again until dinnertime. This recipe is one of those!
Garlic Butter Chicken takes 10 minutes prep and you will be all set! You will end up with juciy, tender chicken in a delicious butter sauce.
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
How to Make Crockpot Garlic Butter Chicken
Garlic Butter Chicken is an easy dinner recipe where all you have to do is mix butter with few spices, add chicken, layer veggies and drizzle the delectable butter sauce over everything. This is a true fix it and forget that will only minutes to make.
1. Mix melted butter with garlic and spices.
2. Place Chicken Breasts on bottom of the slow cooker. Pour 1/3 of butter mixture over chicken breasts.
3. Layer potatoes and veggies on top of chicken
Let the potatoes spread out so they have room to cook. You don’t want raw potatoes at dinnertime.
4. Pour remaining butter mixture over veggies and potatoes.
5. Add Chicken broth over everything.
6. Cook for 3- 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Tips for Making Crockpot Garlic Butter Chicken
– Make sure to cut your potatoes in quarters. Since potatoes take longer to cook you want to make sure to quarter them so they cook in the same time as the chicken and veggies
– Swap the carrots for any veggies that you like. Another good one to try are green beans
– Know your slow cooker! Every slow cooker is different and cooks different. If this is your first time making this you should start checking on the chicken early. You don’t want dry chicken ever!
Want More Crockpot Chicken Recipes?
Need a Slow Cooker? My favorite is this Crock Pot 7 quart Programmable Slow Cooker.
Crockpot Garlic Butter Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes cut in wedges
- 14.5 ounces chicken broth optional
- 1/2 cup salted butter 1 stick
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Place chicken in bottom crock pot.
- Place butter in small microwavable bowl. Heat for 1 minute or until melted.
- Add Garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley to melted butter and mix.
- Pour 1/4 of butter mixture over chicken.
- Add carrots and potatoes. Pour remaining butter over veggies and mix to cover.
- Add 1/2 a cup of chicken broth to crock pot. (optional just adds more delicious juices)
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6 hours.