This all-in-one crockpot garlic butter chicken melts in your mouth (thanks, butter!) and is so simple to make. Not only does the make fall apart tender garlic chicken, it includes veggies making it a complete meal.
Chicken with Garlic Sauce
Let the butter do the work on this easy dinner. Mix butter, garlic, and a few spices then you will have a tantalizing dinner that’s not only good but impressive enough to serve guests (even the in-laws!).
I always love a recipe where you can put everything into the slow cooker at once and not think about it again until it’s time to serve dinner; this recipe is one of those!
Garlic butter chicken takes only 10 minutes to prep and you will be all set! You will end up with juicy, tender chicken in a delicious, garlic butter sauce that will make you want to lick your plate.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Potatoes
Garlic butter chicken and potatoes is an easy dinner recipe to whip up any night of the week. All you have to do is mix melted butter with a few common spices, add chicken, layer veggies and drizzle the delectable butter sauce over everything. This is a true fix-it-and-forget-it meal that will only take minutes to prep. The crockpot does all the hard work!
1. Mix melted butter with garlic and spices.
2. Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour 1/3 of the butter mixture over the chicken breasts.
3. Layer potatoes and veggies on top of the chicken, making sure to place the potatoes spread apart so they have room to cook. You don’t want raw potatoes at dinnertime.
4. Pour the remaining butter mixture over veggies and potatoes.
5. Add chicken broth over everything.
6. Cook for 3 – 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs Instead?
Yes. If your family prefers dark meat, you can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in this recipe. The thighs will need a little less time to cook, so check them at 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low. Garlic butter chicken thighs are just as delicious as the chicken breasts!
Tips for Making Crockpot Garlic Butter Chicken
- Make sure to cut your potatoes in quarters. Since potatoes take longer to cook you want to make sure to quarter them, allowing them to cook in the same amount of time as the chicken and carrots.
- You can swap the carrots or potatoes for any veggies that your family likes. Another couple of good vegetables that work well with the garlic butter sauce are green beans or broccoli.
- Know your slow cooker. Every slow cooker is different and cooks differently. If this is your first time making this, you should start checking on the chicken early. No one wants to gnaw on dry chicken.
With all the amazing Crockpot chicken recipes out there, it can be hard to choose which one to make for dinner. This garlic butter chicken is a winner; that’s for sure! The chicken is so tender it will fall apart with just a little touch and the garlic butter sauce is absolutely delicious.
So there you have it! A delicious and easy, garlic butter chicken recipe that can be made in the crockpot. Whether you are short on time or want to let your slow cooker do all the work, this recipe is a winner for any family dinner.
Want More Crockpot Chicken Recipes?
Need a Slow Cooker? My favorite is this Crock Pot 7 quart Programmable Slow Cooker.
Crockpot Garlic Butter Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes cut in wedges
- 14.5 ounces chicken broth optional
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme ground
- 1 teaspoon parsley dried
- Place chicken in bottom crock pot.
- Place butter in small microwavable bowl. Heat for 1 minute or until melted.
- Add Garlic, salt, pepper, thyme and parsley to melted butter and mix.
- Pour 1/4 of butter mixture over chicken.
- Add carrots and potatoes. Pour remaining butter over veggies and mix to cover.
- Add 1/2 a cup of chicken broth to crock pot. (optional just adds more delicious juices)
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6 hours.