This festive cranberry and jalapeno dip is the perfect mix of sweet and spicy! Make your holidays a little brighter with this creamy and fresh dip that will be the hit of the party.
Get ready for the best holiday party dip of your life! I love cranberry sauce and this is such a creative way to use it. Be careful with this dip because it is so addictive you might eat the whole thing before the party even starts. The sweet cranberry sauce pairs with lime juice to make a combo that makes the ideal dip for the holidays. You can throw this together in a few minutes so you mark the appetizer off your holiday to-do list.
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Of course, once I brought this to a party it is now requested along with my chili cheese dip to every party I go to, holiday or not! I use my Cook and Carry Crock-Pot whenever I make a dish that I’m going to take anywhere. You can cook it at your house, lock it up for the drive and then plug it back in when you arrive. No need for any Tupper-Ware again with this bad boy.
HOLIDAY PARTY DIP
I’m all about appetizers that can be easily made and don’t require a lot of prep. This cheesy dip is the perfect simple appetizer to serve for Thanksgiving or a holiday party. The color adds the perfect pop to any event and people can just snack on it until it’s time to sit down from dinner.
Once you add everything for the Cranberry and Jalapeno Dip to the Crock-Pot you are all done until it’s time to serve. That way you can focus on all the other things you have to do to get ready. I would recommend using the Crock Pot Liners for this dip because it can get a little hard to clean if you have it in there for a few hours.
All of my recipes are gluten-free because my husband has celiac disease, which means you are allergic to gluten. This recipe is naturally gluten-free just make sure to serve with gluten-free crackers like these Jalapeno Mary’s Gone Crackers or tortilla chips to keep it gluten-free.
CAN THIS BE SERVED COLD?
If you are trying to get even more ahead for the holidays you could even make this the day ahead of time and serve it cold. One time I was too busy the day of the event to make it and serve it warm so I served it cold. It was delicious! I would recommend still cooking it in the Crock-Pot because the flavors come together when they have actually cooked rather than just stirring it all together cold.
You can dip anything into this flavor combination so it’s great to bring to any party since it’s gluten-free and vegetarian! I always use tortilla chips, gluten-free crackers, and celery for my favorite dippers but the sky’s the limit.
INGREDIENTS FOR CRANBERRY AND JALAPENO DIP
- Cranberries– I use canned cranberries for my dish. You can use fresh cranberries but you would need to put them in the food processor and chop them. Also, you would need to add sugar to the recipe so it is not too tart.
- Jalapenos– Fresh jalapenos are my choice but you never know how hot they are going to be. If you are worried about heat remove the seeds and membrane from the jalapenos before dicing.
- Cream Cheese– This dip is a festive treat so I always go for the full-fat cream cheese but you could always make it with 1/3 less fat as well.
- Green Onions– I usually just use the white part for mixing it into the ingredients and save the green tops for garnish,.
- Lime Juice – Fresh is best for this recipe again. Part of what makes it so delcious is that fresh flavor combination and lime juice is key to that.
HOW TO MAKE CRANBERRY AND JALAPENO DIP
Step 1. Add cream cheese, cranberry sauce, jalapenos, lime juice, and green onions to slow cooker.
Step 2. Stir until ingredients are well combined.
Step 3. Cook on high for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionally.
Step 4. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers. Top with green onions and jalapenos if desired.
LOOKING FOR MORE CROCK-POT APPETIZERS?
Cranberry and Jalapeno Dip
- 2 14 oz Whole Cranberry Sauce
- 2 Jalapenos finely diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice fresh
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp green onions chopped, white part only
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray or use liner.
- Add cream cheese, cranberry sauce, jalapenos, lime juice, and green onions to slow cooker.
- Stir until ingredients are well combined.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours. Stir occasionaly.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers. Top with green onions and jalapenos if desired.