Take a bite of Crockpot Crack Chicken and you will be hooked! Cream cheese, bacon and ranch is all you need to make this kid friendly, keto friendly and easy dinner!
My husband recently started the keto diet so I have been busy cooking up keto friendly recipes. This crack chicken is keto so I thought I would give it a try. I wish I had tried it earlier because it is delicious even if you aren’t keto.
There are so many reasons to love crack chicken! It is so simple to make and tastes so good. With just a few easy ingredients and almost no prep you are have a cheesy, filling and quick dinner. Second reason to love it is that kids like it too. Anytime I can make a meal for the whole family it is a winner in my book! If you like Crack Chicken try out my Fiesta Crack Chicken with just a little more spice.
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
What is Crack Chicken?
The first time I saw the name Crack Chicken I didn’t know why it was called that weird name. It doesn’t even describe anything in the meal. I came to find out that it is called crack chicken because with bacon, cream cheese and more cheese it hard to stop eating it and very addicting. I’ve seen so many types of “crack” recipes even Christmas Crack! It’s just a name for anything you can’t help but keep eating once you’re full.
How to Eat Crack Chicken
You can serve Crockpot Crack Chicken so many different ways! I love a recipe that I can use all the time but switch up the style. Here are a few ways to try-
– Sandwiches- This is my kid’s favorite way to eat it
– Make a bowl and serve over rice
– Wrap it in a tortilla
– Serve in lettuce cups (keto)
– Serve over cauliflower rice (keto)
– Use it as a dip for parties (keto)
Make It Less Salty-
If you want to make it less salty try making your own ranch packet. Here’s the recipe for making it at home.
What Do You Need?
– Cream Cheese
– Ranch Seasoning
– Shredded Cheese
- Green Onions
- Hot Sauce
How to Make Crockpot Crack Chicken-
Add chicken breasts to slow cooker.
Pour ranch seasoning over chicken breasts.
Add cream cheese on top of ranch and chicken.
Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
Shred chicken with two forks. Add bacon. Stir everything together.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of meat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Top with green onions, extra bacon, jalapenos and hot sauce.
Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, or on a sandwich.
Want More Crockpot Chicken Recipes?
Need a Slow Cooker? My favorite is this Crock Pot 6 quart Programmable Slow Cooker.
Crockpot Crack Chicken
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 oz ranch seasoning 1 packet
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions chopped
- Add chicken breasts to slow cooker.
- Pour ranch seasoning over chicken breasts.
- Cut cream cheese into blocks and cover chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Shred chicken breasts in slow cooker. Add crumbled bacon. Stir cream cheese, chicken and bacon to combine.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and cover for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice. Add chopped green onions if desired.