What do you get when you put the two most popular crockpot recipes, Crack Chicken and Salsa Chicken, together? Fiesta Crack Chicken! This chicken has the best of both worlds with a creamy ranch chicken sauce and all the flavor from salsa chicken. This quick recipe is just as easy with no chopping or prep. Pour it all in and dinner is ready when you are!
I was trying to decide what to make for dinner one morning and didn’t have everything to make crack chicken so I was trying to think what else I could make. I had a leftover jar of salsa in the fridge and thought to myself, what if I add salsa to crack chicken and boom…Fiesta Crack Chicken. This creamy salsa chicken was a hit in our house!
If you don’t like the original crack chicken then you may want to try this since the salsa adds a lot of flavor and totally different taste.
One of my favorite things about this recipe it that it includes the veggies so I have one less thing to prepare when I get home. Also, whenever I make meals that include rice I always use my rice maker. This really makes dinner a breeze because I don’t have to make it when I get home. We literally walk in the door and make our plates. I use the Zojirushi Rice Maker which is amazing. It has a timer and setting for brown or white rice which is helpful.
Disclaimer- Some links on this page are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
What’s in Fiesta Crack Chicken?
– Chicken Breasts
– Cream Cheese
– Jar of salsa
– Black Beans
– Optional – avocado, cheese, sour cream
How to Serve Fiesta Crack Chicken?
There are so many ways to eat Fiesta Crack Chicken! We actually ate it three different ways this week!
- Serve over rice to make Burrito bowl
- Low Carb- serve over cauliflower rice or in lettuce cups
- Make tacos or tostadas
- Layer over tortilla chips and add extra cheese on top for nachos
How to Make Fiesta Crack Chicken
Layer chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot. Pour salsa, ranch, black beans and corn on top of chicken and mix everything together.
Cut cream cheese into chunks and place on top of mixture. This will slowly melt into the mixture as it heats up.
Cook on low for 4- 6 hours or high for 2-3. Stir cream cheese into mixture half way through if possible.
Shred chicken with forks or cut into chunks.
Gluten Free- All my recipes are gluten free because my husband has Celiac Disease, which means he is allergic to gluten. This recipe uses a ranch packet. I always use Hidden Valley Ranch Packets because they are certified gluten free. If you would rather make your own here is a link to a recipe for that too. Just always make sure you check the ingredients in any packet you purchase to confirm it doesn’t have gluten in it.
Looking for more Crockpot Mexican Recipes?
Need a Slow Cooker? My favorite is this Crock Pot 6 quart Programmable Slow Cooker. First and foremost, I love being able to set the timer in case I’m not home when the food is finished cooking and it just switches to warm. Plus you can lock the lid and just carry it to a party. Not only is it easy to carry but also you will never lose another Tupperware or serving dish again at a potluck party!
Fiesta Crack Chicken
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 15.5 oz salsa
- 1 packet ranch seasoning or 1 oz homemade ranch seasoning
- 14.5 oz canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 12 oz frozen corn or 14.5 oz can of sweet corn
- 8 oz cream cheese cut into blocks
- Avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream optional
- Layer chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot. Pour salsa, ranch, black beans and corn on top of chicken and mix everything together.
- Cut cream cheese into chunks and place on top of mixture. This will slowly melt into the mixture as it heats up.
- Cook on low for 4- 6 hours or high for 2-3.
- Mix everything together making sure cream cheese if fully mixed in. Shred chicken with forks or cut into chunks.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice or in tortillas.