Crockpot Salsa Chicken is the easiest recipe ever and literally can’t be ruined. All you need is salsa and chicken, that’s it. This easy Mexican shredded chicken is the perfect weeknight meal!
What Salsa to Use in Crockpot Salsa Chicken
You can use any salsa you like to make it as mild or hot as you prefer. Sometimes I use a salsa with black bean and corn it to make it have even more depth without even doing anything.
You can even use a green salsa and make it salsa verde chicken.
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
HOW TO MAKE CROCKPOT SALSA CHICKEN
It only requires 2 minutes prep and 2 ingredients!
– Place chicken in slow cooker
– Pour 3/4 jar of salsa over chicken
– Cook for 3-4 hours on low or 2- 2 1/2 hours on high
– Shred chicken with two forks
Great for Multiple Meals
Use this meat for tacos, bowls and salads. I love to make this recipe in the beginning of the week and use the shredded meat for different meals.
Looking for more Mexican Recipes?
Need a Slow Cooker? My favorite is this Crock Pot 7 quart Programmable Slow Cooker. First and foremost, I love being able to set the timer in case I’m not home when the food is finished cooking and it just switches to warm. Plus you can lock the lid and just carry it to a party. Not only is it easy to carry but also you will never lose another Tupperware or serving dish again at a potluck party!
Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- 2 large or 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar salsa
- Sour cream optional
- Avocado optional
- Shredded cheese optional
- Chopped green onions optional and extra fancy
- Rice/Tortillas/Taco Shells/Lettuce for serving
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker.
- Pour 3/4 jar of salsa over chicken. Save a little for serving
- Cook for 3-4 hours on high or 4-6 hours on low
- Shred chicken with fork and mix in juices.
- Top with all your favorites
leave a reply