King Ranch Casserole with Doritos is a creamy chicken casserole with peppers and crunchy Doritos! This is fuss free dinner is a delicious gluten free dinner the whole family will love!
This classic casserole has been around for generations. It is popular in the South but it has made it has way into every potluck and is always a winner. My mom originally got this recipe from Betty Crocker so you know it’s a good one. I had a friend make it with Doritos and thought that I had to make this myself. My family loves Doritos so I thought this would be a fun family dinner.
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
KIDS IN THE KITCHEN
The second time I made this my kids, who are 4 and 6 years old, actually helped me make this dinner. I just chopped everything up prior to having them help. They loved breaking the Doritos and layering all the food. Of course, they loved eating the dinner they made and were so proud of themselves. It was a fun way to get the kids in the kitchen and helping with dinner.
KING RANCH CASSEROLE WITH DORITOS- GLUTEN FREE
Casserole are one of my favorite dinners to make because they are easy to make on busy weeknight. We have baseball and swimming right now so I always need to have dinner prepped and ready to go for when we get home from all of our sports. This recipe was perfect because it took less than ten minutes to make and then I could turn it on and go about my day. Another favorite fix it and forget it casserole is my Beefy Potato Taco Casserole, I think the name speaks for itself.
I make all my recipes gluten free because my husband has celiac disease, which means you are allergic to gluten. This recipe can be made gluten free with two quick changes to the recipe. You just use Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup and Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup. I always use Pacific Foods Soups because I know they are certified gluten free. And Doritos are naturally gluten-free(YAY!).
HOW TO MAKE KING RANCH CASSEROLE WITH DORITOS
STEP 1. Layer bottom of slow cooker with Doritos.
STEP 2. In large bowl, mix all ingredients except Doritos and 1/2 the cheese.
STEP 3. Add layer of chicken mixture on top of Doritos. Repeat steps 1 and 2. Ending with chicken layer.
STEP 4. Cook on high for 3 hours.
STEP 5. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and melt.
STEP 6. Top with Doritos and serve!
King Ranch Casserole with Doritos
- 4 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 1 bag Nacho Cheese Doritos broken not crushed
- 1 large orange bell pepper chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large onion chopped (1 cup)
- 1 can Gluten Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can Gluten Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 10 oz diced tomatoes with green chiles undrained (1 can)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese 8 oz
- Layer bottom of slow cooker with Doritos.
- In large bowl, mix all ingredients except Doritos and 1/2 the cheese.
- Add layer of chicken mixture on top of Doritos. Repeat steps 1 and 2. Ending with chicken layer.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and melt.
- Top with another layer of Doritos and serve!
leave a reply