This slow cooker Costco Curry Chicken is easy, easy easy and tasty, tasty, tasty. You use a pre-made curry simmer sauce making it a quick, healthy dinner that can be made in minutes!
I love curry but can’t ever seem to get the sauce quite right so I tried a simmer sauce from Costco and never turned back.
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
What is Simmer Sauce?
Simmer Sauce is an easy and quick pre-made sauce that is filled with flavors that are perfectly balanced. Using a simmer sauce saves you time so you can get dinner ready fast. You just have to add meat, veggies and the sauce and you’re set.
WHERE DO YOU BUY SIMMER SAUCE?
One of my favorite places to shop to get the most bang for your buck is Costco. They have a two pack of curry simmer sauces made by Maya Kaimal that make this meal beyond easy. I find it in the refrigerated section of the prepared food but not sure where it is located at your location.
They also have other versions by the same company at Target and Wal-Mart if you’re not a Costco shopper. I use one version one week, then another one two weeks later so my husband isn’t eating the same thing every week. You can even freeze the sauce!
MAKING COSTCO CURRY CHICKEN
Place chicken in slow cooker.
Pour 1/2 the jar of simmer sauce on chicken and coat.
Add potatoes, peas and cauliflower. Pour remaining 1/2 jar of sauce to veggies.
Quick tip-Mix vegetables half way if you can to make sure the potatoes cook evenly.
Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
Want More Crockpot Chicken Recipes?
Mexican Crunchy Chicken Casserole
Need a Slow Cooker? My favorite is this Crock Pot 7 quart Programmable Slow Cooker. I love being able to set the timer in case I’m not home when the food is finished cooking and it just switches to warm. Plus you can lock the lid and just carry it to a party. You never lose another Tupperware or serving dish again at a potluck party!
Costco Curry Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breasts or thighs
- Curry Simmer Sauce I use Maya Kaimal
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes or sweet potatoes quartered
- Chopped peanuts optional
- Rice for serving
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- Pour 1/2 the jar of simmer sauce on chicken and coat.
- Add potatoes, peas and cauliflower. Pour remaining 1/2 jar of sauce to veggies.
- Mix vegetables half way if you can to make sure the potatoes cook evenly.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 4-6 hours.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to a serving bowl with slotted spoon. Pour sauce in small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. In separate bowl mix cornstarch and water together in small bowl until cornstarch is dissolved. Cook for about 1 minute until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- Pour sauce back onto chicken in serving bowl.
- Serve over rice and top with peanuts.
leave a reply