All your favorite flavors of bruschetta are paired with juicy chicken to make Slow Cooker Bruschetta! Make this easy dinner that is bursting with fresh tomatoes and basil.
Getting dinner on the table every night can be such a hassle. Trying to make them semi-healthy can be even more difficult. But this meal does both. You can throw the chicken in the crockpot with a can of tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper and let that slow cook all day. Once the chicken is cooked all you have to do is top it with tomatoes, fresh basil and mozzarella cheese.
All of these classic Italian flavors gives this chicken such a unique and fresh flavor you will want to have seconds, which I did. Make sure to add this to your dinner rotation as soon as possible. This is definitely going to be on our dinner table often!
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is usually a toasted bread that is topped with diced tomatoes, garlic and fresh basil. The bruschetta actually refers to the bread portion of the classic appetizer but in this recipe we swapped the bread for chicken breast to make it a meal! You can actually top bruschetta with anything just like you could with the chicken but this tomato version is always my favorite combo. But feel free to add anything else you love like olives or bacon! I took the liberty to add mozzarella cheese too since everything is better with cheese.
Is Slow Cooker Bruschetta Chicken Keto and Gluten Free?
Slow Cooker Bruschetta Chicken is Keto, Low Carb and Gluten Free! The only piece that you have to be careful with is the balsamic vinegar, however you only use a small amount of this to add a little flavor. If you want you could swap it for red wine vinegar if you want. Be sure not to make a balsamic reduction though to stay Keto. Bruschetta Chicken is naturally gluten free so you don’t need to worry about anything with this recipe!
What to Serve with Slow Cooker Bruschetta Chicken
There are tons of ways to eat this bruschetta chicken. My favorite way is to eat it over Barilla Gluten-free penne pasta. The tomato mixture from the crockpot makes a delicious pasta sauce. If you are extra fancy you can make a balsamic reduction to go over your chicken. All you have to do is heat you balsamic vinegar over medium heat until it thickens into a syrup. It took about 5 minutes for mine to reduce but it depends on the type of vinegar you have.
If you are trying to be low carb or Keto you can eat this over cauliflower rice, salad or just on its own.
How to Make Slow Cooker Bruschetta Chicken
- Boneless Skinless Chicken
- Mozzarella cheese
- Diced tomatoes with garlic, basil and oregano
- Fresh Basil
- Red onion
- Kalamata Olives (optional)
- Minced garlic (not pictured)
Step 1. Place chicken in crockpot. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and add minced garlic.
Step 2. Pour can of diced tomatoes over chicken and top with onions.
Step 3. Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
Step 4. Chop tomatoes and basil (olives optional) and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper if desired. Put mixture in refrigerator until serving. This can be done right before dinner also, I just like the flavors to combine.
Step 5. Top chicken with tomato mixture and onions from crockpot. Place shredded mozzarella cheese and tomato mixture from refrigerator on top of chicken. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Gluten-Free- I make all my recipes gluten-free since my husband has celiac disease, which means he is allergic to gluten. This recipe normally is gluten free. However if you serve it over pasta make sure to use gluten free pasta. My favorite is Barilla Gluten Free Penne. You can buy it on Amazon here.
Use any pasta you want if you don’t need it to be Gluten Free.
Slow Cooker Bruschetta Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 15.5 oz diced tomatoes with garlic, basil, and oregano
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded or balls
- Balsamic and olive oil to taste
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons kalamata olives optional
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic
- Place chicken in crockpot. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and add minced garlic.
- Pour can of diced tomatoes over chicken and top with chopped onions.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Chop tomatoes and basil and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add olives if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and top with cooked tomatoes and onions.
- Place shredded mozzarella cheese and tomato mixture from refrigerator on top of chicken.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Server over pasta or rice. Or for a lower carb option serve over salad or alone.
Want More Crockpot Chicken Recipes?
Need a Slow Cooker? My favorite is this Crock Pot 6 quart Programmable Slow Cooker. I love being able to set the timer in case I’m not home when the food is finished cooking and it just switches to warm. Plus you can lock the lid and just carry it to a party. You never lose another Tupperware or serving dish again at a potluck party!