There is something about Chicken Alfredo that is so classic and I just can’t ever get enough of it! However, I thought that maybe I could make a Chicken Alfredo with a little cajun kick and it was de-li-cious! Crockpot Cajun Chicken Alfredo will be one of your new favorite dishes for dinner!
Of course you can buy a jar of Alfredo Sauce at the store but after you make this recipe you will see how yummy and easy homemade can be. Another delicious recipe where you can make your own cream sauce is in this Tuscan Garlic Chicken Recipe!
I make the Alfredo sauce right in the crockpot insert because I am lazy and don’t feel like making any more dishes that are necessary. I have found some chicken release a lot of liquid as it cooks so I prefer to thicken the sauce once it is finished. That way I know it will be creamy and thick over the pasta or rice.
If you are looking for a thicker sauce to put on in the beginning you can cook the cream, chicken broth and cheese together on the stove ahead of time and then pour into the crockpot once it has thickened and skip the thickening step at the end.
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
How Spicy is Crockpot Cajun Chicken Alfredo?
This recipe has some kick to it! Especially with the red pepper flakes that I add. In case you are wondering, Cajun Spice usually contains garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt. You could easily make this recipe less spicy by not using the red pepper flakes and only 1 or 2 Tablespoons of Cajun Spice. I used this Cajun Spice but you could easily make your own too.
Crockpot Cajun Chicken Alfredo- Keto, Low Carb and Gluten Free
This recipe is perfect if you are following the low carb or Keto diet. As long as you eat the Crockpot Cajun Chicken Alfredo over cauliflower rice or zoodles it is a great way to stay on track.
This recipe is also naturally gluten free. One of my favorite way is to eat it is over Barilla Gluten-free penne pasta if you are not following the low carb or Keto diet.
How to Make Crockpot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
Step 1. Place heavy cream, chicken broth, parmesan, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, pepper, cajun seasoning and salt in crockpot.
Step 2. Whisk ingredients together.
Step 3. Add Chicken Breasts and cover with sauce.
Step 4. Add butter on top of each breasts and minced garlic.
Step 5. Depending on how you like your broccoli you can add at the beginning but it will be soft. If you don’t like broccoli soft add 30 minutes-1 hour before finished cooking.
Step 6. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
Step 7. Make cornstarch slurry to thicken sauce. Mix 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon water and mix together in bowl until combined.
Step 8. Remove chicken for crockpot and pour sauce into pan on stove and heat until sauce is simmering. Add cornstarch slurry. Cook until sauce thickens. Pour over chicken and pasta or rice.
Gluten-Free- I make all my recipes gluten-free since my husband has celiac disease, which means he is allergic to gluten. This recipe normally is gluten free. However if you serve it over pasta make sure to use gluten free pasta. My favorite is Barilla Gluten Free Penne. You can buy it on Amazon here.
Use any pasta you want if you don’t need it to be Gluten Free.
Need A New Crock Pot?
My favorite is this Crock Pot 7 quart Programmable Slow Cooker. First and foremost, I love being able to set the timer in case I’m not home when the food is finished cooking and it just switches to warm. Plus you can lock the lid and just carry it to a party. Not only is it easy to carry but also you will never lose another Tupperware or serving dish again at a potluck party!
Crockpot Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter chopped
- 5 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Cajun Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head broccoli rinsed and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Place heavy cream, chicken broth, parmesan, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, pepper, cajun seasoning, and salt in crockpot.
- Whisk ingredients together.
- Add chicken breasts and cover with sauce.
- Add butter on top of each breasts and minced garlic.
- Depending on how you like your broccoli you can add at the beginning but it will be soft. If you don’t like broccoli soft add 30 minutes-1 hour before finished cooking or steam on its own.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Make cornstarch slurry to thicken sauce. Mix 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon water and mix together in bowl until combined.
- Remove chicken for crockpot. Pour sauce into crockpot into a saucepan. Heat on stovetop until sauce is simmering. Slowly stir cornstarch slurry into simmering sauce. Continue to cook over low heat until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over chicken and pasta or rice.