This yummy meal comes together into an easy family meal with just 5 ingredients! Slow Cooker Easy Hawaiian Chicken is sweet with a bit of kick because of the BBQ Sauce.
Quick Dinner- Easy Hawaiian Chicken
I love this recipe because is really takes 5 minutes to put everything in the slow cooker. You only have to cut an onion and bell pepper and dump the rest!
I’ll let you in on a secret. If you don’t have any onions or peppers you can still make this! I love to add vegetables to my meals but you can make this without the onions and peppers and it’s still delicious.
Disclaimer- Some links below are Amazon affiliate links, meaning at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken is a weekly staple in my house because my kids and husband love to gobble it up. However, I think it really shines in the summer when you are looking for a healthy, light meal. The pineapple brings a fresh flavor and the BBQ sauce adds a unique tang and balance to the meal.
-You can make this with any BBQ sauce or make your own. I use Sweet Baby Rays Hawaiian BBQ Sauce most of the time.
– Pineapple Tidbits are my choice of pineapple. I like how you get small bites of pineapple instead of big chunks.
Ingredients for Easy Hawaiian Chicken
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Bottle BBQ Sauce
1 Can of Pineapple Tidbits
Gluten-Free– Always check your BBQ Sauce to make sure it’s gluten-free. Some BBQ sauce have soy sauce or some other ingredients that have gluten. Always make sure to double check.
Here are my three go to’s at the store:
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Looking for more delicious chicken recipes? Try one of these easy chicken ones for dinner!
5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 orange bell pepper diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 bottle bbq sauce I use Sweet Baby Ray Honey
- 1 can pineapple tidbits drained
- Dice onion and bell pepper and place on bottom of slow cooker.
- Pour pineapple and entire bbq sauce bottle into slow cooker.
- Place chicken breasts into slow cooker on top of everything. Stir to combine and coat chicken.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2-3. Turn halfway if possible.
- Serve over rice or lettuce cups.